I couldn’t just update the search-lineuri without going through the get-assignedlineuri.ps1 as well?
I have rewritten the script in much the same way as I wrote search script (parts of the code are now almost identical), and it saved me a lot of “space” and time. I have tried to reduce the number of times I gather information to a minimum, and to carry the found information through all the different functions and jobs.
Highlights from this update includes:
- BUGFIX: CommonAreaPhone error fixed. Thanks to Peter
- CODE CHANGE: crated new functions, tried to make them work smarter together.
- NEW FEATURE: Progress bar to give an indication of progress in huge systems
- DELETED FEATURE: -splitext is no longer a valid option, but run on all queries by default
- BETA FEATURE: Summarize the numbers of Licenses required. Beta only, feedback wanted!
REQUEST: If you know exactly how licensing work, please test my beta portion of the script and see if it is correct. It is built upon the following assumptions:
Basic CAL: Is a user enabled for Lync, but has no conferencing policy which allows 3-party audio, video or sharing. Nor is the user able to schedule a conference (if anyone knows exactly which settings are behind the shift from basic to enterprise, please explain :)
Enterprise CAL: A user enabled for Lync with all functions, with out enterprise voice
Basic CAL, and Plus CAL: The same as a Basic CAL, but this user has Enterprise Voice enabled
Enterprise CAL ans Plus CAL: All the good things in one basket, no restrictions.
If you know my assumptions are wrong, have something to add or suggest, please let me know.